+43 5256 600-0
Family Ski Holidays in Ötztal
Your family hotel in Obergurgl
Winter holidays with the kids, best done away from the hustle and bustle, but with outstanding comfort? Then a ski holiday in the Ötztal is just right for you. At Hotel Alpina, the luxurious 4-star superior family hotel in Obergurgl, our team is ready to take care of winter sports connoisseurs of all ages. Cosy rooms and suites with plenty of space for families adapt to your needs and become a real home from home.
Enjoyable skiing for seasoned experts and little beginners
Let yourself be inspired by the magic of perfect slopes and unique views in Tyrol’s most snow-sure ski area, while your kids graduate from their first snowplough turns under expert guidance. On the practice slope within walking distance of this family hotel in Obergurgl, trained instructors from the Obergurgl Ski School teach their little protégés with a lot of patience and tact.
The best rental equipment at your service!
The reception team at Hotel Alpina can help not just with your ski lessons and ski passes, but also with ski rental service from our partner , Sport Lohmann. Your rental equipment will be delivered directly to your family hotel in Obergurgl and is picked up again once you are ready to depart. As convenient as it gets.
Everything for the kids in Obergurgl
When the first signs of fatigue creep in after a day of skiing, younger guests at our children's hotel in Obergurgl are once again full of energy. New experiences and adventures await your kids in the playroom . For slightly older children, there is also a games room with billiards, table tennis and video games. Our free-of-charge childcare doesn’t just mean tinkering or playing with toys: snowball fights and sled rides are highly regarded!
- Kids up to and including 8 years of age ski for FREE in Obergurgl!
- Free childcare (3 years of age or older), Sunday to Friday 09:30 a.m. to 04:30 p.m. and 07:15 p.m. to 09:00 p.m.
- Skates & sleds are available to borrow
from the West:
from the Vorarlberg to the Tyrol via the Arlberg Pass or through the Arlberg tunnel. (S16) - Landeck - A12 motorway – Ötztal exit - B186 (50 km) to Obergurgl.
From the North:
- Bad Tölz – Achen Pass B181 - Jenbach - A12- Innsbruck – Ötztal exit - B186 (35 km) to Obergurgl.
- Pfronten - Reutte – Fern Pass - Imst - A12 – Ötztal exit or B171 to Ötztal (no motorway sticker (vignette) required) - B186 (50 km) to Obergurgl.
- Garmisch Partenkirchen - Ehrwald - Lermoos – Fern Pass - Imst - A12 - Ötztal exit or B171 to Ötztal (no motorway sticker (vignette) required) - B186 (50 km) to Obergurgl.
- Garmisch Partenkirchen - Mittenwald - Scharnitz - Seefeld - Telfs - A12 - Ötztal exit or B171 to Ötztal (no motorway sticker (vignette) required) - B186 (50km) to Obergurgl.
From the East:
from Munich or Salzburg on the A93 to Kufstein, then on the A12 via Innsbruck to Ötztal, then on the B186 for approx. 50 km to Obergurgl.
From the South:
from Meran in the South Tyrol, coming over the Timmelsjoch to Obergurgl, high Alpine route at just under 2,500 m, border crossing open from the beginning of June to mid/end October, Mautstraße.
Don’t forget: you need a “vignette” (motorway charge windscreen sticker) for motorways in Austria!